Monday, August 24, 2009

Return to Neverland WIP - collaboration with Aaron Sikstrom



Pan? Wendy? A jealous mermaid? What could possibly be cooler subject matter for a collaborative effort? A few weeks back I got a very nice email from Aaron Sikstrom (http://seethrou.deviantart.com) asking if I'd be interested in doing a piece with him. At the time neither of us knew the other had an affinity for Peter Pan mythology, so it was quite a nice surprise when I first saw the sketch he provided for me: [link].

As the painter/colorist, I thought the otherworldly lagoon-light would make a great contribution to bring out the magic of the story. There's still a fair bit of work left to be done, but it's really shaping up.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cyn! Nicely done of course! You are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this is turning out. Yup, the lighting is "magical" =)

    ReplyDelete